CrossFit MASS seeks an ambitious, innovative, and driven professional to join and contribute to its fast-growing and expanding operation. Established in 2009 and built on the philosophy that being strong, fast, and mobile are keys to a long and happy life, CrossFit MASS encourages daily movement, promotes cognitive health, and supports vitality. To ensure these outcomes for its members and staff, it also supports the professional development, advancement, and success of its coaches.
Offering custom programming that is varied and ensures skills progression and scaling plus a deep appreciation for the way CrossFit can change lives, CrossFit MASS has set itself apart. It is looking for a Personal Trainer & Coach who is interested in a long term engagement and brings a similar appreciation for the life-changing value of CrossFit and the passion to inspire that change.
Joining a close-knit team, the Personal Trainer & Coach will become part of a dedicated community of health and wellness professionals and an extended family of members. S/he will create opportunities for business development by taking advantage of the facility, resources, and stability of CrossFit MASS to progressively build up a client base.
This position will benefit from mentorship and training directly from Owner and Lead Instructor, Joe Venuti, who holds a Level 3 CrossFit certification, Poliquin PICP Level 1 certification, and is an advocate of continuous improvement and lifelong learning.
- Coach 10-12 sessions each week, including warm-up and recovery, and offer instruction on proper form and technique to members.
- Conduct 15-18 Personal Training sessions each month, including onboarding of new members and 1x1 training.
- Lead several special classes and challenges annually.
- Coordinate monthly content with the media group.
- Conduct regular review sessions with members to ensure alignment with and progression of personal goals.
- Perform general gym maintenance to maintain the orderliness and cleanliness of space.
- Fulfill opening and closing gym responsibilities based on class times.
- Communicate client feedback and findings to Lead Instructor for further business improvement.
Personal and Professional Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills with the highest ethical standards. Strong verbal and written communication skills are desired as is the interest and competence to interact with a diversity of individuals from a multitude of personal and professional backgrounds. Specific qualifications include:
- Current CrossFit Level 1 certification, preferred
- First Aid AED / CPR certifications
- PICP 1 (or higher), preferred
- OPEX 1 (and/or sub courses), preferred
- Fluent in both English and Spanish, preferred
- Advanced education (certificate, associate’s degree, bachelor's degree) in a related field such as kinesiology, physical education and exercise physiology.
- High level of self-confidence, creativity, enthusiasm and self-motivation to meet goals.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that takes initiative and actively seeks to uncover new business opportunities.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and sense of accountability to colleagues; punctual and responsible; able to serve as a model citizen within the CrossFit MASS community.
- Natural relationship builder with the good judgment to act with discretion and confidentiality in appropriate situations.
- Inclination toward lifelong learning; the drive to take on new challenges and the curiosity to explore fresh possibilities.
- Modesty to accept guidance as needed.
- Empathetic listening skills.
- Healthy sense of humor and appreciation for fun in the workplace.
About CrossFit MASS
CrossFit MASS offers a 4000 square foot facility which is home to the best community gym in the Merrimack Valley. CrossFit MASS is conveniently located on the Andover/Lawrence line and within a 10-minute drive from Haverhill, Methuen, Lawrence and Andover.
Learn more at www.crossfitmass.com