Job Title: Junior Coach
Defy is seeking an innovative, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our growing team and community as a Junior Coach.
We are looking for a driven and detailed individual who is able to manage most of our customer service and administrative needs but is also dedicated and passionate about health and fitness and is looking to develop their coaching skills. Reporting to and working closely with the Owner/Head Coach, the Junior Coach has a fantastic opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills in the industry.
- Assist in integrating new members by making them feel welcome and helping with gym procedures to help them understand all services available.
- Manage current membership retention through contacting absent or injured members, ensure goal-setting sessions are arranged and organize milestones and special greetings.
- Manage and create Defy's social media and community events through posts, ads and calendar as directed by the Owner/Head Coach.
- Manage Defy's website and other technology platforms by ensuring workouts, blogs and other media are posted and review frequently to ensure all is up to date.
- Perform all front desk duties from retail purchases, waivers, greeting all visitors to keeping the area tidy, professional and supplies in stock.
- Handle all incoming inquiries and respond through Defy's email, text, phone and all social media accounts.
- Handle monthly administrative processes such as account maintenance, purchasing and generate metrics as required by Owner/Head Coach.
- Manage and book No Sweat Intro/free consultations by booking appointments, following up after appointments and tracking sales.
- Deliver and instruct Defy's Fundamentals program to new members to ensure clients learn the correct movements to be successful.
- Due to Covid-19 and the restrictions put in place all coaches are responsible for ensuring that the strict hygiene measures and equipment cleaning, as outlined by Toronto Public Health (or other reliable source) are being followed by members in the gym. If necessary, the disinfecting of equipment will be the responsibility of all coaches.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Certified Fitness Instructor (Can Fit Pro or equivalent), CrossFit Level 1 an asset.
- High School Diploma required.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate, correct and assist clients through movements.
- Energetic with a passion for health and fitness.
- Collaborative team player.
- Ability to learn and be coachable.
- Willingness to continue education
- Social Media savvy an asset.
- Previous experience in a Sales or Customer Service role an asset.
Check us out at www.defyfunctionalfitness.com